Ten Good Reasons
Why make Waskatenau your home?
- Low taxation
- Close proximity to visit or commute to larger centers: Edmonton (1 hr), Fort McMurray (3 hrs), Lamont (20 mins), Smoky Lake (15 mins),
Fort Sakatchewan (40 mins), Cold Lake (2 hrs)
- Compared to larger 'urban' centers, the cost of living in Waskatenau is
substantially lower particularly with respect to owning / renting homes and the costs of participating in recreational activities i.e. baseball, curling etc.
- Many opportunities to start a small business with a minimal capital
- Very low crime rate, safe place to live and raise a family.
- Many recreational opportunities and facilities for all ages that are very close by i.e. Long Lake Provincial Park, Iron Horse Trail, Alberta's Lakeland etc.
- Good business core and amenities to service day to day needs.
- A clean, friendly and progressive community with great spirit and pride.
- Excellent community facilities.
- Increased access to participate in social, work and volunteer
opportunities that are not as easily available in larger communities
i.e. council, fire department- here you can make a difference while enjoying country life at its best!